The snow is beautiful, and we need the water. However, it also makes it very hard to get back and forth.
The Bar D Board is still using the general policies from here: https://bardranch.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/appendix-a-snow-removal-policy.pdf
Please also note, we have to keep safety in mind for equipment operators. Some of the basics for plowing include:
- 8” or more is the general guideline.
- Re-plowing because of drifting is limited.
- Plowing when Hwy 285 is closed is not done.
- Plowing is not done during storms.
- Plowing at night is not done.
- Plowing during high winds is not done.
Based on the experience of long-time residents, and years worth of wind data, the following plan is used for placement of the snow.